Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FURTHER TO MY TIP ABOUT JOINING FABRIC...

I previously posted about using tape to hold your pieces when joining fabric for binding or sashing etc. Since I did that post, I have found an even easier method. The Glue Method.

Here are the pictures. Place your two strips like so, right sides together.
Fold the top one back on itself until you have the 45 degree angle.
Press.
Place some glue on the folded piece (the bit that will be removed). Stay away from the 1/4inch seam allowance.
Reposition. Give another press if necessary.
Sew across the fold line and trim back to 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Press the seam allowance open.

Hey presto, done!!
And finally, Norman and the "what do you mean you want to use the machine" look.

I think that is it for now.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, just so I know I am not talking to myself - the cat is tired and so is the dog!