Sunday, December 9, 2012

GNOMES

Just a little sneak peak at something I have been working on.    Introducing Maurice and Mathilda. 


Anyone who has created a design for the embroidery machine knows that the stitchouts seem to grow with each little adjustment made.   These two are the earliest versions of Maurice and Mathilda.   Maurice now looks like he is wearing pants.   I thought I would give making them in to  "Softees" a go.   These two are  embroidered  cotton on the front, and I have made the backs out of plain polar fleece.   The shoes came about because I am an idiot and didn't leave a lot of fabric to tuck in and stitch after stuffing.   Not happy with the seam line, I decided to try shoes.   They work.   Good result.  Hopefully these two gnomes embroideries and their home and garden will be up for sale on Etsy in the next day or two.   TV viewing in Melbourne is the pits this week so I think I will be spending a lot of time up in my room stitching up a storm.

See you soon
Sue xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, just so I know I am not talking to myself - the cat is tired and so is the dog!