Sunday, May 5, 2013

HIGH TEA


Today's post is all about food.   My friend Sue and a few members of her family all celebrate birthdays fairly close together.   Some were birthdays of note, 50, 18, 16 and 8 - Sue's was in there too, but she is a lady so we won't disclose her age.  

Sue wanted High Tea.  Sue didn't want to make it.   So Sue, asked "moi" to cater.   I didn't hesitate, a chance to bake cake, lots of cake!    And so to work I went.  


















So, what was on the menu.......

Sandwiches

Red Salmon and Cucumber
Beef and Chilli Jam
Turkey and Cranberry
Smoked Ham and Havarti
(the teeny tiny ones on sticks)

Savoury Boats - Brie, Smoked Salmon and Capers
Egg and Bacon Tarts
Sausage Rolls


Scones with Jam and Cream
Sponge Drops
Cream Horns
Passion fruit Matches
Lemon Meringue Tarts
Deconstructed Cheesecake

The birthday cake - Cupcakes with  vanilla butter cream icing.



The good news is everybody enjoyed the faire and most importantly nobody died.   Such a relief!! 


After the party, I came home and flopped in a chair, it had been a big few days of food preparation so I didn't unpack my car.     Monday I had to go out so I took my sons car.   Tuesday I had to go out, I was running late, I took my car, still with a china and plastic containers.......Thursday, it was my turn for morning tea  - I need icing sugar, I got it out of the front seat......Thursday night, my husband was wandering around the kitchen looking for dinner plates - I said they were in the boot of my car - he doesn't even ask anymore when these statements are made - he just went and got the good set out of the dining room.........

Have a great week.
Sue xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue! It looks perfect! When do we see you on Master Chef?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, just so I know I am not talking to myself - the cat is tired and so is the dog!